The Clef Club is a repository for historic jazz artifacts. These cultural relics are studied and admired by scholars, educators, artists and the general public.
We are firmly committed to:
- Offering Philadelphia residents and visitors performances by outstanding jazz artists and groups.
- Providing an attractive venue for jazz concerts.
- Cultivating an audience that appreciates and understands jazz.
- Offering opportunities for professional and emerging jazz musicians to improve their skills.
- Developing young talent through instruction on site and in public schools.
- Educating students of diverse racial and ethnic groups about the key roles played by African Americans in the development of jazz.
- Drawing attention to the impact of jazz on other art forms.
- Collecting, preserving and making accessible the historic records of Philadelphia’s jazz community.
- Exploring and establishing cooperative and project-oriented partnerships with other institutions.